|Activities||BBQ facilities, Cycling, Golf course (within 3 km), Hiking.|
|General||Bar, Free parking, Garden, Heating, Luggage storage, Non-smoking rooms, Non-smoking throughout, Restaurant, Terrace.|
|Services||Fax/photocopying, Free WiFi, Internet services, Meeting/banquet facilities, Packed lunches, Room service, WiFi.|
|This historical old building was built in 1875, then converted to provide luxury accommodation when the school closed in 1992. It is run and managed by Maxine and Chris, whose aim is to offer a warm welcome and attentive but discreet service throughout your stay. On arrival, you will be offered complimentary tea or coffee with cake or biscuits, served in the guest lounge or on the terrace.
If your dietary needs are specific please advise when booking; most requirements are catered for. For special occasions, flowers, champagne, theatre, restaurant and taxi bookings can be arranged.
Plenty of activities are available, and The Old School House can make bookings for sporting and musical events, golf, fishing and much more.
|Food & beverage|
|A traditional English breakfast, or a choice of hot options are offered at breakfast. Award-winning butchers, ‘Howells of Tavistock Pannier Market’ provide the dry-cured bacon and handmade sausages. Eggs are free-range and come from local farms.
Evening meals are offered in the licensed restaurant. Advanced booking is required. Chris, the Chef, will discuss the 3-course menu with you and adjust it to suit your requirements, where possible. Lighter meals are provided in the lounge/bar.
All food is freshly prepared and ranges from traditional English to international. Chris obtained his Chef’s Diploma from the world-famous Leith’s School of Food and Wine in London, 2007.
|Horrabridge has 2 pubs, a grocery store, post office, bakery and an award-winning fish and chip shop.
Places to visit are numerous, and include Buckland Abbey, the Eden Project and the Garden House. The ancient Stannery town of Tavistock (Market Town of the Year) with its Pannier Market, coffee shops and artisan shopping is a 5-minute drive away.
The village of Yelverton is nearby, with shops, a petrol station and pubs. The owners' favourite Chinese restaurant, Jasmine’s, is here. Walkhampton is a short drive, or walk away on a nice day, and has a 17th-century pub.
Plymouth, is only 15 minutes' drive away, with its shopping malls, the Barbican, Plymouth Hoe and much more.
Activities in the area include golf, fishing, cycling or hiking out onto the moors. We have a wealth of information on display, and the owners can offer advice. Members of the National Trust are spoilt for choice with numerous properties and gardens to visit.
- From the M5 South, continue along onto the A38 Expressway (same motorway, different name).
- Take the A386 for Tavistock. Stay on this road until you come to Horrabridge.
- Turn right into the village centre, then go over the stone bridge and turn left.
- The Leaping Salmon pub will be on your right. Continue along this road for less than 300 metres and take the 1st right, where the white chapel is on the corner.
- The Old School Guesthouse is less than 50 metres up on the left-hand side.
- Alternatively, turn off the M5 for Okehampton and proceed along the A30 until you come to the Tavistock (A386) sign.
- Follow the A386 all the way into Tavistock.
- Turn left at the 1st mini-roundabout, and go straight across the 2nd mini-roundabout. You will now be on the Whitchurch Road.
- This leads all the way into Horrabridge. On going through the traffic-calming measures on the outskirts of the village, take the next immediate left turn (by the white chapel house).
- The Old School House is 50 metres away on the left.
|The Old School House requests that guests call in advance to confirm their estimated time of arrival, and to state whether evening meals are required.|
|All the Old School bedrooms are well equipped, providing everything you need for that memorable stay. All bedrooms have a king-size double bed, a Sony LCD TV (Freeview digital), coffee/tea-making facilities and a fridge with fresh milk.|